Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Day at The Stadium



This past weekend I Finlay visited the Dallas Cowboys Stadium, I was blown away my the interior and the exterior.I took advantage of the time I was there and walked around some parts of the stadium. I tried taking pictures but because of the crowd it was a bit hard. I maneged to take three pictures of the lighting which i absolutely loved. One lighting fixture are squares overlapping each other, and one that look like footballs , as for the rest of the pictures I got from the cowboys website. I did some research on the building,the building was designed by HKS Sports & Entertainment Group, ranked as one of the top-five sport/stadium designers by BD World Architecture and found out that the stadium features two monumental arches, soaring 320 feet above the playing field, which support a retractable roof. "The stadium was developed to create a sense of power and motion".said HKS Architects.
The stadium features a canted glass exterior wall of 86-foot high glass,curtain-wall surface slopes outwardly at a 14 degree angle to create a luminescent glow day or night. this stadium holds a capacity of 80,000 to 100,000. The stadium is amazing, it is such huge building I really enjoyed my visit, I will soon go back and get a tour of the whole stadium and I will definitely take more pictures and make a new blog about the whole experience.

http://www.bizoffootball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=188:new-cowboys-stadium&catid=37:stadium-renderings&Itemid=52


http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/tours/tourInfo.cfm



No comments:

Post a Comment